how to send flows with priority?

Metaor Mani

May 13, 2024, 4:04:49 PMMay 13
to ns-3-users

Hi, I want to run multiple flows, and assign a different priority (from 1 to 3) to each flow, so that all packets belonging to the same flow have the same priority.

I also want to define some scheduling policy (let's say strict priority or round robin) on all ports of all nodes/routers, based on these priorities.

I would appreciate help with:

1. How can I define the priority for a specific flow? (Let's assume I'm using onoff application).

2. How can I define a scheduling policy for each port of each node in this context?

3How can I define the number of queues for each port of each node?

I would appreciate a detailed response, especially an explanation of how to use NS-3 to implement something like this.

Metaor Mani

May 18, 2024, 2:36:06 PMMay 18
to ns-3-users
??

Tommaso Pecorella

May 18, 2024, 4:01:03 PMMay 18
to ns-3-users
Check the examples/traffic-control folder.

On Saturday 18 May 2024 at 20:36:06 UTC+2 Metaor Mani wrote:
??