How to schedule multiple events simultaneously?

Hassam Mughal

Oct 30, 2019, 6:32:40 AM10/30/19
to ns-3-users
Greetings Everyone!
I am trying to start two applications simultaneously on nodes in wifi-tcp example. Can anyone help to solve this following issue?

output.png

I have attached my source file and the gdb output as well.
Any help or guidance in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
wifi-tcp.cc

Jared Dulmage

Nov 2, 2019, 2:35:33 PM11/2/19
to ns-3-users
I can't see output.png so I don't know they symptom of the issue.  I do know in the past people have forgotten that there is an ARP procedure that occurs prior to IP packet exchange which can cause unforeseen delays.  When you try to measure too early in a sim you might not get the results you expect.  Turn on some logs (e.g. Ipv4L3Protocol, PacketSink, OnOffApplication)and examine the traces.

Jared.

Sword X

Nov 6, 2019, 10:06:31 AM11/6/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jared,
Sure, I will check with these logs on. And here is the output file attached.

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Thanks
Best Regards,

Hassam Mughal
Research Associate & MS Student
Department of Information and Communication Engineering
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Global Campus, South Korea
Treasurer - IEEE Computer Society Karachi Section
Co-Founder - Electronics Junkies

output.png

beletu dagne

Nov 8, 2019, 7:16:42 AM11/8/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
how can i analyze the result from tcl file in ns2.35 ...i want to get end to end delay packet delivery ratio and hop count ,overhead?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ns-3-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ns-3-users/CAO%3DcU1MzEoqJDO2-NM61xGSq-NmcqY%3D%3DCLC167MKqPC31mrNcg%40mail.gmail.com.
olsr.tcl

Tom Henderson

Nov 8, 2019, 9:18:15 AM11/8/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On 11/8/19 4:16 AM, beletu dagne wrote:
how can i analyze the result from tcl file in ns2.35 ...i want to get end to end delay packet delivery ratio and hop count ,overhead?
Hello, please review the posting guidelines below for this forum.

Jared Dulmage

Nov 20, 2019, 12:43:48 PM11/20/19
to ns-3-users
Hassam,

This is still pretty sparse.  I imagine you looked at the source code and found that line mac-low.cc:2146.  Somehow the duration of the acknowledgement being created is less than 0.  Perhaps run your example in a debugger and set a breakpoint before that line to step through the code and see why.

When I look at the diff between your example and the original, it seems you've overloaded the dataRate commandline parameters.  This probably isn't what you want though I'm not sure it's your problem.

You also have set the standard in wifiHelperWD twice, I think you meant to do wifiHelperW in one of those (lines 128, 129).  This may be an issue if the default standard for wifiHelperW is incompatible with your channel.

That's what I can see right now.  If fixing those doesn't help, def go to the debugger.

Jared.