Getting NS3 to run on Eclipse (Ubuntu 13.04)

Mila Gorobets

Oct 17, 2014, 5:58:21 PM10/17/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to set up NS3 on Eclipse.

I am following the wiki and several other tutorials online, but I just get stuck on the same thing.

I downloaded the Luna Eclipse for C/C++ developers, that opens and runs ok, I think.

I installed mercurial through eclipse, and cloned the ns-3.21 (also tried the ns-3-dev) directory.

But now that I need to create a new empty C++ project, I get an error when I select the ns3 directory. it says "/ns-3.21 overlaps the location of another project: 'ns-3.21'. I can't proceed past this.

I'm hoping someone has some ideas.

Thanks!

Mila Gorobets

Oct 17, 2014, 6:46:53 PM10/17/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I got it. I ended up doing it via Import-> mercurial and then went File-> new-> convert to c/c++.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the visualizer working via eclipse?