Beaconing for lr-wpan

ashvini vyavhare

Jun 5, 2015, 9:15:47 AM6/5/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
For lr-wpan module, the MAC at present implements the unslotted CSMA/CA variant, without beaconing.But I need beaconing support in lr-wpan for my work. I see some "Beacon Frame" related code in the module. If I want to add beaconing support, can anybody specify about some starting pointers. Also Superframe structure is used in lr-wpan which needs beacon frames at start and end of the superframe. So I am little confused how without supporting beaconing superframes are used. May be some basic understanding I am missing. Any pointers will be really helpful. Thank you.

Regards,
Ashvini

Tommaso Pecorella

Jun 5, 2015, 2:54:56 PM6/5/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

super frames are not used. Beacons are not used either, they are only defined for future implementations.
How to add beacons ? It's a hard work. Basically you'll need to define a whole new MAC. Suggestions: study the standard and the actual code. Get acquainted with ns-3 and take your time.
When you'll have a working beacon-enabled MAC, we'll be more than happy to review it for future ns-3 versions.

Have fun,

T.