Emulation and LTE-Bearer

Musti Aref

Jul 16, 2017, 12:50:35 PM7/16/17
to ns-3-users
Hello,

Did anyone has tried to use LTE dedicated bearer in Emulation mode?

In my setup, TCP/UDP packets are generated by NodeJS-App running on LXC container then passed to UE node through TapDevice on the ghost-node.
Right now, the simulation is working only with the default one. I would like to use other bearer and compare the performance.

It seems like packets are dropped in the uplink by the  epc-sgw-pgw-application, when the packet is classified
I think because packets are generated outside the LTE network.

Ipv4Address enbAddr = it->second->GetEnbAddr ();
uint32_t teid
= it->second->Classify (packet);
if (teid == 0)

{

NS_LOG_WARN ("no matching bearer for this packet");

}

Could you please help me solve/work around this problem !?
If no easy solution is available, is it possible and where can I manipulate packet header on the UE side and specify the bearer I want to use (hard coded)?

Many thanks in advance

BR
Musti

Musti Aref

Jul 17, 2017, 5:46:23 AM7/17/17
to ns-3-users
In this work  Real Time Emulation of an LTE Network Using NS-3; T. Molloy, IEEE, they provided a description of the needed modification.
I understand what they saying, but I have no idea how this has been realized in code.

NS3 modifications
... The PC used as the Ue has no IMSI (International mobile subscriber identity) number. When a session is set up in the network, IP addresses, teid (tunnel end identifiers) and bearers are mapped to this IMSI number. The downlink logic was introduced into the EpcSgwPgwApplication module which spoofed the IMSI number. Instead of dropping packets address to the Ue, the bearer is now changed to the bearer corresponding to the Ue node attached to the PC. The uplink logic was introduced into the NAS (Non Access Stratum). Again this logic changed the bearer on packets sent from the PC. In the LTE module pcap tracing is not enabled. To create QoS (Quality of Service) data from the simulated nodes the packetSink module was modified to read packet information and dump info such as delay, jitter, data rate, and dropped packets into a file for each Ue at the application layer.

Any hint, suggestions would be very helpful.
My submission deadline is very soon and I need to do one last measurement :(

BR
Musti