ns-3 Code Generator

jmyou...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2016, 7:06:55 PM9/26/16
to ns-3-users
Hello ns-3 users,

I would like to announce the initial release of ns-3 Code Generator.  The download can be found on the contributed code section of the ns-3 wiki at;

https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Contributed_Code

The Code Generator is derived from the ns-3 Topology Generator.  The Code Generator is executed via the command line, and has no GUI associated with it.
The network topology is defined through a XML data specification file which is passed as an argument.  The output filename of the file that contains
the generated C++ ns-3 statements is the second argument.

In addition to the features available in the Topology Generator, the Code Generator features XSD validation, and applications related to the electric smart
grid advanced metering infrastructure (AMI).

One change from the Topology Generator is that the Code Generator generates only C++ ns-3 scripts.

The repository contains a README file explaining the dependencies and how to build and run the application.  Also included is a basic network topology file as
an example.

I hope that you will find this software useful, and I welcome any feedback.

Regards,
Jeff Young
Idaho National Laboratory

john kujk