Víctor Sánchez Agüero

Mar 20, 2019, 10:44:22 AM3/20/19
to ns-3-users
Hello,

I am connecting two LXC containers as explained in ns3-LinuxContainers using an ns3 simulated ad-hoc wireless network.

I am simply reusing the example code "tap-wifi-virtual-machine.cc"

Introducir código aquí...//
// We're going to use 802.11 A so set up a wifi helper to reflect that.
//
WifiHelper wifi;
wifi.SetStandard (WIFI_PHY_STANDARD_80211a);
wifi.SetRemoteStationManager ("ns3::ConstantRateWifiManager", "DataMode", StringValue ("OfdmRate54Mbps"));

//
// No reason for pesky access points, so we'll use an ad-hoc network.
//
WifiMacHelper wifiMac;
wifiMac.SetType ("ns3::AdhocWifiMac");

//
// Configure the physcial layer.
//
YansWifiChannelHelper wifiChannel = YansWifiChannelHelper::Default ();
YansWifiPhyHelper wifiPhy = YansWifiPhyHelper::Default ();
wifiPhy.SetChannel (wifiChannel.Create ());

//
// Install the wireless devices onto our ghost nodes.
//
NetDeviceContainer devices = wifi.Install (wifiPhy, wifiMac, nodes);

By using iperf, the maximum bandwidth I have is around 980 Kbps, quite far from what I expected. Do you find any configuration issues, or can you give an advice to improve this results?

Thanks in advance

Víctor Sánchez Agüero

Mar 26, 2019, 1:28:04 PM3/26/19
to ns-3-users
Hello, everybody.

I have continued to look for the solution to this issue. Searching in the ns3 google group I found several users who face similar problems but there is no conclusive solution.

Supposedly, in real-time emulation, several components are involved and a wrong configuration may affect the performance. Please, could you share any script in which the TapBridge or RealTimeScheduler modules are used with Wireless technology?

Thanks in advance

NOTME ZE

Oct 31, 2023, 5:27:37 AM10/31/23
to ns-3-users
Hi, I have faced the same problem. I got similar data with you. Have you found the solution finally?  🙏