AODV in NS-3

Pranava Durai

Mar 3, 2015, 11:41:03 AM3/3/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
when i run the aodv example code from this link https://www.nsnam.org/doxygen/aodv_8cc_source.html it Shows some error.

What is the error.what have to do??.anyone help me

~/Documents/ns-allinone-3.21/ns-3.21$ ./waf --run scratch/aodv
Waf: Entering directory `/home/pranav/Documents/ns-allinone-3.21/ns-3.21/build'
Waf: Leaving directory `/home/pranav/Documents/ns-allinone-3.21/ns-3.21/build'
'build' finished successfully (7.324s)
Creating 10 nodes 100 m apart.
assert failed. cond="m_endPoint == 0", msg="Endpoint already allocated (maybe you used BindToNetDevice before Bind).", file=../src/internet/model/udp-socket-impl.cc, line=250
terminate called without an active exception
Command ['/home/pranav/Documents/ns-allinone-3.21/ns-3.21/build/scratch/aodv'] terminated with signal SIGIOT. Run it under a debugger to get more information (./waf --run <program> --command-template="gdb --args %s <args>").

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 3, 2015, 11:53:27 AM3/3/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

please upgrade to 3.22 and make sure that the aodv script is up-to-date. If you did some modifications to the aodv module, please sync them with the new module. There have been some slight changes in the internet module, and some instructions have to be... inverted, as the error message suggests.

Hope this helps,

T.

PS: Maybe the error message had to be something like "I found a BindToNetDevice before a Bind. Invert those two f***ing functions, you ########. And use a friggin' debugger to find out where they are.".
Instead, I opted for a more polite and less understandable message. Should I regret to have been polite ?

Konstantinos

Mar 3, 2015, 11:57:16 AM3/3/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just run the example without any problem.
Have you changed anything in the code?
Note that this file is also available in your ns-3 in /src/aodv/examples.

PRANAVADURAI

Mar 3, 2015, 12:10:20 PM3/3/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
hey can you please send me the aodv-routing-protocal.cc and aodv-routing-protocal.h

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 3, 2015, 12:36:56 PM3/3/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the answer is: no. The chances that it won't work with mismatching versions is too high. Upgrade to 3.22 and/or re-download 3.21 and check what did you change.

T.

PRANAVADURAI

Mar 3, 2015, 12:39:00 PM3/3/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you  Tommaso Pecorella. upgraded into ns-3.22 it worked fine
Thank you