Integrate NS3 with CMake

jaasilva

May 13, 2016, 10:11:39 AM5/13/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I would like to use CLion IDE (from Jetbrains) to work with NS3, but CLion only uses CMake.
NS3 uses the waf build system and it has Makefile that basically works as a proxy to the waf commands.
Does anyone knows how to make NS3 work with CMake?

Best regards,
JS

Tommaso Pecorella

May 13, 2016, 7:58:45 PM5/13/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

no idea, but I found strange that an IDE doesn't support anything else than cmake. I'd double check the manual.

Cheers,

T.

Brian Swenson

Sep 26, 2017, 11:14:39 AM9/26/17
to ns-3-users
Came across this looking for the same thing.  Sadly CLion only supports CMake.  Despite this annoyance, it is IMHO the best C++ IDE I've found.

I found this:

https://pythonhosted.org/waftools/_modules/waftools/cmake.html

Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Gabriel Ferreira

Oct 10, 2017, 11:05:28 PM10/10/17
to ns-3-users
This post is pretty old, but I've managed to make it work with Cmake (except python based stuff). Working nicely with CLion. :)