About adhoc-aloha-ideal-phy-with-microwave-oven.cc and some Packet Error Rate

Chih-Mo Li

Sep 8, 2014, 6:24:49 PM9/8/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

In  adhoc-aloha-ideal-phy-with-microwave-oven.cc this code.

And application layer I use client-server to transmit packet.

I know the code install  MultiModelSpectrumChannel, FriisSpectrumPropagationLossModel, and ConstantSpeedPropagationDealayModel.

Now, I just change distance of server, and I don't know why that I just get no packet get or all packet get.

I didn't see any progressive packet receive error.

Can someone help me ?

And second question is the SpectrumChannelHelper:Default include SingleModelSpectrumChannel, FriisSpectrumPropagationLossModel, and ConstantSpeedPropagationDealayModel,

When I install FriisSpectrumPropagationLossModel and ConstantSpeedPropagationDealayModel again, and my server must much close to receiver sucess.

Is PropagationModel calculate two times ?

Thanks

Regards

Chih-Mo Li

Tommaso Pecorella

Sep 9, 2014, 3:19:52 AM9/9/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Tuesday, September 9, 2014 12:24:49 AM UTC+2, Chih-Mo Li wrote:
Dear all,

In  adhoc-aloha-ideal-phy-with-microwave-oven.cc this code.

And application layer I use client-server to transmit packet.

I know the code install  MultiModelSpectrumChannel, FriisSpectrumPropagationLossModel, and ConstantSpeedPropagationDealayModel.

Now, I just change distance of server, and I don't know why that I just get no packet get or all packet get.

I didn't see any progressive packet receive error.

Can someone help me ?

WiFi is extremely robust to channel errors, and it will retransmit the lost packets at L2. You'll see a reduced throughput, not an increased packet loss.

And second question is the SpectrumChannelHelper:Default include SingleModelSpectrumChannel, FriisSpectrumPropagationLossModel, and ConstantSpeedPropagationDealayModel,

When I install FriisSpectrumPropagationLossModel and ConstantSpeedPropagationDealayModel again, and my server must much close to receiver sucess.

Is PropagationModel calculate two times ?

No.

Cheers,

T.

Nicola Baldo

Sep 9, 2014, 7:01:29 AM9/9/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

In  adhoc-aloha-ideal-phy-with-microwave-oven.cc this code.
And application layer I use client-server to transmit packet.
I know the code install  MultiModelSpectrumChannel, FriisSpectrumPropagationLossModel, and ConstantSpeedPropagationDealayModel.
Now, I just change distance of server, and I don't know why that I just get no packet get or all packet get.
I didn't see any progressive packet receive error.

Why do you expect progressive packet receive error?
Obviously you didn't read the available documentation on HalfDuplexIdealPhy:
http://www.nsnam.org/docs/models/html/spectrum.html#example-model-implementations

WiFi is extremely robust to channel errors, and it will retransmit the lost packets at L2. You'll see a reduced throughput, not an increased packet loss.

ok but we're not dealing with WiFi here

Chih-Mo Li

Sep 11, 2014, 8:35:04 AM9/11/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear friend,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks
Regards

Chih-Mo Li

Tommaso Pecorella於 2014年9月9日星期二UTC+8下午3時19分52秒寫道:

Chih-Mo Li

Sep 11, 2014, 8:43:11 AM9/11/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Dear friend,

Because I want to  research co-channel interference for Wifi and Wsn.

I want to use this code and add the Wsn signal to test how performance is it.

I don't know what I do this is wrong or right, but thanks for your answer.

Thanks
Regards

Chih-Mo Li

Nicola Baldo於 2014年9月9日星期二UTC+8下午7時01分29秒寫道: