Handling Virtual Collisions, 802.11e in ns-3

Alaa Khreis

Jun 10, 2015, 6:04:10 AM6/10/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I have a node sending QoS traffic flows with different TID values at the same time. The 802.11e has a mechanism to handle virtual collisions between various flows. Is it implemented in ns-3.23?
How do Identify if a virtual collision occurs or not?
Thank you in advance for your replies,

Tommaso Pecorella

Jun 10, 2015, 8:08:26 AM6/10/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm not 100% sure, but it should be implemented. In order to be sure, study the EDCA code. This will solve the doubt *and* it will show you how to measure a virtual collision.

Have fun,

T.

Sebastien Deronne

Jun 10, 2015, 8:26:52 AM6/10/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Yes it is implemented, it is denoted as internal collisions.
Please check the DCF manager class and documentation.