Having issues with setting up the LXC for NS-3 emulation

Sidharth Sreekumar

Nov 9, 2017, 5:06:43 AM11/9/17
to ns-3-users

I have been following the instructions provided by this link. It seems that this instructions are for Fedora OS. After searching a bit I have found out this link which provided the instructions for Ubuntu OS. After following these I was able to create the container successfully. When I ran the command

sudo lxc-start -n left /bin/bash

I did not get a terminal within the container. After that I have run the command

sudo lxc-start -n left /bin/bash

This has given me something like this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The configuration file contains legacy configuration keys.
Please update your configuration file!

Connected to tty 1
Type <Ctrl+a q> to exit the console, <Ctrl+a Ctrl+a> to enter Ctrl+a itself

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This hasn't given me a working console.
If someone has found a workaround for this issue, please provide them.

Thanks in advance

Adwitiya Mukhopadhyay

Nov 9, 2017, 6:18:27 AM11/9/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Mr.Sidharth,
I am also facing similar issues. Must be some minor issue with the configuration...

Craig Dowell

Nov 9, 2017, 7:44:42 PM11/9/17
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
The new utils separate lxc-start into lxc-start and lxc-attach.

If I remember correctly, you can

sudo lxc-start -n left -d
sudo lxc-attach -n left

-- Craig