Need to make Access Point Openflow compatible

karthik karra

Jun 30, 2016, 2:22:41 PM6/30/16
to ns-3-users
Hello Everyone,
I have an Access Point with CSMA Net Device connected to Openflow Switch. I want to make Access Point openflow compatible. I should be able to send and receive packets from open flow switch and then must be able to process as a normal packet to forward to other non-openflow devices.(STA)

I have gone through code of open flow. Can any one provide pointers where to start and how to proceed.

Thanks,
Karra.

Tommaso Pecorella

Jun 30, 2016, 6:56:15 PM6/30/16
to ns-3-users
"I should be able to send and receive packets from open flow switch and then must be able to process as a normal packet to forward to other non-openflow devices.(STA)"
... then you don't need to modify the AP. You need to connect the AP to the OF switch, which is different.
I don't see the problem....

T.

karthik karra

Jul 1, 2016, 1:44:51 AM7/1/16
to ns-3-users
Sorry, I mean I have to send the customized data from AP to switch(from switch to controller) and back to AP.

I have already simulated scenario where I can send packets from one AP to other connected with OF switch.

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 1, 2016, 4:14:53 PM7/1/16
to ns-3-users
Please read the posting guidelines.
We can not help with vague requests and customized code.

T.