NS-3 compilation issue after upgrading to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Hassam Mughal

May 13, 2020, 3:44:26 PM5/13/20
to ns-3-users
Greetings Everyone!

I am getting the following error after upgrading my Ubuntu to latest version i.e. 20.04 LTS.

image (4).png

Hassam Mughal

May 14, 2020, 8:02:58 AM5/14/20
to ns-3-users
Any solutions to this problem?

Jay Patel

May 14, 2020, 8:09:16 AM5/14/20
to ns-3-users
Hi Hassam,

I had successfully built NS-3.30.1 on newer Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Can you please share your config log ?

It looks like your python bindings looking for python files but could not able to locate those.

Jay

Hassam Mughal

May 14, 2020, 8:12:31 AM5/14/20
to ns-3-users
Hello Jay,
Thanks for the prompt response, would you don't mind sharing the way to get the config log?
Thanks

Hassam Mughal

May 14, 2020, 8:14:14 AM5/14/20
to ns-3-users
This one?

On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 9:09:16 PM UTC+9, Jay Patel wrote:
config.log

Tom Henderson

May 14, 2020, 10:55:32 AM5/14/20
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, Hassam Mughal
On 5/14/20 5:02 AM, Hassam Mughal wrote:
> Any solutions to this problem?

A missing Python.h on Ubuntu suggests that you need to install the
'python3-dev' package.

After you install that, you should reconfigure the project before
building again. You can find the command that you previously used to
configure (so that you can repeat it) in the third line of the file
'build/config.log'; e.g.:

# using ./waf configure --enable-examples --enable-tests

- Tom

Hassam Mughal

May 14, 2020, 10:59:30 AM5/14/20
to ns-3-users