wimax-simple example produces .pcap with Malformed Packets

Rahel Immum

Jan 24, 2015, 10:46:28 AM1/24/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I have a problem with a wimax-simple example. It produces .pcap files for base stations and subscriber stations, but when I open them using wireshark or tcpdump most of the packets are malformed and all sources and destinations are set to 00:00:00_00:00:00. Why is it so? Is there anything I can do with this bug? I am using the newest ns3 version - 3.21 and the newest Wireshark v1.12.3. This is a fragment of what I get in Wireshark:

Tommaso Pecorella

Jan 26, 2015, 4:12:22 PM1/26/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

unfortunately the WiMAX module has a number of bugs and no maintainer. If you want to try to tackle the bug we'll be more than happy to review and push in the code the patch.

Cheers,

T.