Broadcast Packets and FlowMonitor

Andrés Millán

Mar 19, 2018, 8:40:59 AM3/19/18
to ns-3-users
Hello everyone!

What can I do if FlowMonitor doesn't show any broadcast traffic? Could I try with other tool or it's impossible to analyze traces?

I have implemented a UDPSocket Factory, one node sending broadcast packets and trying to have ACK.

Thank you.

Andrés Millán

Mar 21, 2018, 4:40:13 AM3/21/18
to ns-3-users
Nobody knows?

Yuan Zuo

Mar 21, 2018, 8:47:04 AM3/21/18
to ns-3-users
I am not sure if I understand it right. Does it actual capture any flows? can you have any Pcap file to see the broadcast?

Andrés Millán

Mar 21, 2018, 1:56:07 PM3/21/18
to ns-3-users
This are my codes and pcap files. I am trying to set a Client-Server UDP application to manage packets and develope a efficient protocol. I must send  a broadcast packet content all subpackets to all nodes. I need to known if broadcast packet is received in all nodes. Thank you.

Andrés.
simulacion2.cc
simulacion2_pcap-3-0.pcap
simulacion2_pcap-2-0.pcap
simulacion2_pcap-1-0.pcap
simulacion2_pcap-0-0.pcap

Andrés Millán

Mar 21, 2018, 1:58:32 PM3/21/18
to ns-3-users
I have seen in other post that broadcast packets can not be tracked as doesn't occurs in unicast packets.

Yuan Zuo

Mar 21, 2018, 4:49:53 PM3/21/18
to ns-3-users
I am not a expert of ns3. As your description,I think I am trying to do very similar thing, but in python.

Andrés Millán

Mar 22, 2018, 5:49:58 AM3/22/18
to ns-3-users
Hello again,

Could you attach the source code or post what are you doing? It would be useful for me and people with the same problem. Thank you.

Andrés.

Andrés Millán

Mar 22, 2018, 12:58:35 PM3/22/18
to ns-3-users
The principal question is how a node can reply a broadcast frame.