Routing protocol in Infrastructure Wireless Mesh Network

Fahim Masud Choudhury

Nov 12, 2014, 2:49:17 AM11/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm trying to compare the performance of existing routing protocols available in ns-3. I've set up a network model as shown below:

In this model, setting up OLSR in every node performs successfully. I can send UDP packets from one WiFi STA to other. Now I'm trying to implement other routing protocols such as AODV, DSDV etc. I have installed AODV and DSDV in all the nodes again but it could not send a single packet of 1024 bytes. As I have CSMA and Point-to-Point connection, I'm not sure which routing protocols to use in these types of connection.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tommaso Pecorella

Nov 12, 2014, 4:48:01 PM11/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it depends on how you did assign the IP addresses. From the picture you attached, it would be obvious to think that you are using different subnets for each LAN segment (you have to, indeed).
OLSR is able to cope with this, and can even handle more complex cases (see src/olsr/examples/olsr-hna.cc).
On the contrary, other protocols may not be so smart in handling different subnets. Please check each protocol implementation to see if and how different subnets can be handled.

Hope this helps,

T.