A question about the 3-dimension mobility model in ns-3

yytsk...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2018, 10:26:07 AM3/21/18
to ns-3-users
Hi,
I want to implement the 3D mobility model in ns-3. However, the document of the mobility model says that

Note that in ns-3, movement along the Z dimension is not supported.

It is in the part of ns-2 MobilityHelper. I also checked the document of ns-2 and found that the third dimension (Z) is not used in ns-2.
Now I am confused. Is ns-3 not supported 3D mobility or it's just a mistake of the document?

The document could be get from:

Please help.
Message has been deleted

pdbarnes

Mar 21, 2018, 1:56:47 PM3/21/18
to ns-3-users
Hello Yating,

The documentation is poorly worded.  That statement is copied verbatim from the ns2 mobility trace documentation.

ns-3 supports 3D mobility, cf. the classes which derive from MobilityModel.

In fact the ns-3 class Ns2MobilityHelper does read z coordinates and do the right thing.

Peter

Yating

Mar 21, 2018, 8:46:02 PM3/21/18
to ns-3-users
Wow, wonderful!.

Thanks a lot.

Yating

在 2018年3月22日星期四 UTC+8上午1:56:47,pdbarnes写道: