How to Calculate the performance parameters like end-to-end delay, throuput etc. for AODV routing protocol.

Ankit Dubey

Jul 12, 2014, 5:11:19 AM7/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I am new to network simulation and so to ns3. I am doing a project in study and performance enhancement in MANET routing protocol for which I have to simulate the AODV routing protocol.
For the past 1-2 months i have been trying to simulate the aodv protocol using manet-routing-compare.cc program.

I found a way using flowmonitor but after trying it for 2-3 days found that it is not suitable for AODV due to some broadcast issue.

I just want to calculate the performance parameters like end-to-end delay, throuput, packet lost etc.

I am feeling helpless.

Please Help!!!!

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 12, 2014, 12:30:24 PM7/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

check the examples/udp-client-server/udp-client-server.cc example. If you can use UDP, the technique used in the example will work for AODV too.

Cheers,

T.

谢小明

Oct 16, 2014, 8:50:18 AM10/16/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,I have check the examples/udp-client-server/udp-client-server.cc example,but I have not seen any information about how to calculate the performance parameters like end-to-end delay, throuput, packet lost etc. i am doing a broadcast model and seeking to  calculate the performance parameters and found flowmonitor is not available.
Hoping you can gave me same help

在 2014年7月13日星期日UTC+8上午12时30分24秒,Tommaso Pecorella写道: