Free trial of NRGGlobal AppWatcher - In The Cloud!

Matt Heusser

Apr 5, 2013, 11:34:00 AM4/5/13
to nrgglobal-tes...@googlegroups.com, Smita Mishra
Hello Folks -

The competition is in two weeks!  We've got some details to cover!

I'm afraid I don't have permission to share this with the world just yet, for you, the teams signed up for the test competition, I have a special treat.

As you probably know, AppWatcher requires Windows Server 2008 or newer running terminal services -- and, ideally, a fat internet pipe and a fast box.  Otherwise, the performance problem might not be your software, but the pipe or your servers CPU ability to handle lots of simultaneous connections.

So here's the good news.

It turns out Windows Azure -- Microsoft's cloud computing system - has a free trial. So you can try out Azure then run a trial of App Watcher on top of it.  That's /free/.

The folks at #NRG went out and wrote a step by step trial guide for the installs.  I am attaching it to this email.  Please give it a try and let us know what you think; we can use your feedback for the public version.

You will need a credit card for Azure, and please do be careful.  A few years ago, when I was running amazon, I am certain I shut down my cloud-based serves yet amazon dinged me for a fee.  (In other words, I had a free trial, and when it expired, my servers will still on.  So at the end of the month they hit my credit card and then told me.  How nice of them!)

Okay, that takes care of this message.  Feel free to ask questions on-list!

regards,

--
Matthew Heusser,
Principal Consultant, Excelon Development

Go to the event - Test Retreat, August 24, Madison, Wisconsin! testretreat.eventbrite.com
Or in Europe - Agile Team Academy, September, Amsterdam http://www.agileteamacademy.com/
AzureAppLoaderGuide_WinServer2008R2Oct2012.pdf