Fwd: NRG 948: Dates!

Mr. Johnston Advisor

Sep 26, 2015, 7:14:37 PM9/26/15
to nrg-948-ne...@googlegroups.com, nrg-m...@googlegroups.com, nrg-p...@googlegroups.com, nrg948-...@googlegroups.com, nrg948-l...@googlegroups.com, Rob Doran, Dana Knorr, George Wong, Suzy Lepeintre, alison w
** This is the message I sent out over Shutterfly about three minutes ago.

Hi All!

It is time I send out some information.  You may get a couple of copies of this email as we are transitioning between electronic communication media and I am going to use both our Gmail groups and Shutterfly to send out the information.... NOTE: Our Team Number is 948.

1) It's time to register with FIRST!  This is how you get added to our official roster.  Only students on our official roster may go to official events.

Mentors: Please sign in here: https://my.usfirst.org/frc/tims/site.lasso
(If you have never signed in here, please send me an email (newport...@gmail.com) and I'll send you the appropriate "invite."

Students: Please sign in here:https://my.usfirst.org/stims/Login.aspx
Note: You will need to send an email to your parents and have them follow the automatic directions as a part of this process.

2) Known Schedule - Items will be added.

Tuesday, 9/29: No meeting - It is Curriculum Night at Big Picture

Thursday, 10/1: Subgroup Training starts: Meet in the Cafeteria at Big Picture at 6:30 PM.

Every Tuesday and Thursday from 10/1 until winter break: Subgroup Training at Big Picture, 6:30-8:30 PM.

Saturday, October 17: Girls' Generation event!!!  All day, Tahoma High School!!

Tuesday, January 5 and Thursday, January 7: 6:30-8:30 PM, at Big Picture: Final Preparations for Kick-off and Build Season.

Saturday, January 9- Sunday, January 10: Kick-Off Weekend.  Our weekend will start at 6AM Saturday Morning at Montlake Terrace High School.  We will then spend all day Saturday and Most of the Day Sunday at either Newport or Big Picture starting the design process for this year's competition robot.

January 11- February 23: Build Season: We will be at Big Picture nearly every day during this time period.  Please watch for communications from your VP!
==> Note that our Mid-Winter Break is February 13-21.  We will be working.

January 19 (tentative): Written test for prospective drive team members.

March 11-13: Likely competition: Glacier Peak High School*
March 18-20: Possible competition: Mount Vernon High School*
April 1-3: Likely competition : Auburn High School*
* These dates will be determined by October 10.
==> Note that our Spring Break is April 2-April 10.  Please keep it clear for Robotics.

April 5-10: Northwest Championships, Portland, OR
April 21-26: World Championships, St. Louis, MO

--Mr. Johnston