Re: nrepl connection to remote host of different os-type.

Karsten Lang Pedersen

Jan 10, 2013, 1:38:04 PM1/10/13
to nrep...@googlegroups.com
I have made a fix for this

It basically checks if the resource (jar file) is present locally, as seen from emacs, and tries to open that one instead of the path provided by clojure (on the remote system).

The solution is better than not having M-. available when debugging on a remote host.

/klang

On Saturday, January 5, 2013 7:48:35 PM UTC+1, Karsten Lang Pedersen wrote:
I have the situation, where I have clojure running on one host type and emacs running on another.

So, I embed nrepl and start it up automatically and intend to leave the jvm running on the remote host for long term development.

M-. is bound to nrepl-jump and will move the emacs focus point to the variable under the cursor when M-. is pressed.

In the above mentioned setup, that is not true for any library added to the project via jar files.

nrepl-jump tries to open the correct jar file (as seen on the remote host) on the local machine. If the two machines have different os types (with the main groups being Windows, MacOS and Linux), the path to the jar file will be wrong and nrepl-jump will show an empty buffer.

Jumping to clj files contained in the project does work, as clojure.core/ns-resolve contains the full path information used by emacs/tramp to identify the file.

I have tested this with a basic two machine setup both with swank and nrepl available

I would like to fix this, but, I am unsure as to the best approach.

Suggestions?

/klang

Andrei

Apr 30, 2013, 9:53:18 AM4/30/13
to nrep...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karsten

How can I get the fix? I checked the latest version of nrepl.el it doesn't seem to be there.

Thanks,
Andrei