Re: [nrepl-el] Limit nrepl output

Tim King

Mar 23, 2013, 10:26:37 AM3/23/13
to nrep...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 6:46 AM, Chris Bilson <cbi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there a setting I missed somewhere that can limit output? If not, any thoughts about how to implement something like that? Would it be alright to just change nrepl-emit-output to (optionally) truncate large outputs? I hacked this together and it seems to work.

Hi Chris,
nrepl.el is using clojure.pprint/pprint, which honors the dynamic variable *print-length* so one solution would be to set *print-length* in your REPL session.

Another longer term solution that we could think about would be to modify the pprint-ing code to accept a :level parameter which is configured in nrepl.el and passed along to the pretty printer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim