How to explore code in third party libraries?

Andrei

Dec 14, 2012, 10:50:19 AM12/14/12
to nrep...@googlegroups.com
I wonder how its done for clojure using nrepl? With CL and swank it's a matter of hitting M-. and you can drill as deep as you want in the code (yours or some libraries).
nrepl tries to open some zip files creating an empty buffer when I try to do the same thing.
Do I need to set up something to make it possible or you guys use other ways of drilling into the code?

Thank you,

Tim King

Dec 15, 2012, 12:43:17 PM12/15/12
to nrep...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrei,
Currently, there are some known issues with nrepl-jump.

I am able to jump to libraries and clojure core functions, but then when I try to jump again it fails, which sounds a little different from your problem.
You are getting an empty buffer with no exception?
Are you on windows?

Andrei

Dec 15, 2012, 11:12:05 PM12/15/12
to nrep...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim

Yes, there is not exception. I am on windows version 0.1.5

Tim King

Dec 17, 2012, 11:14:09 PM12/17/12
to nrep...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrei,
This is fixed now on master.  You may need to do additional setup on your windows emacs installation in order for unzip to work.

Cheers,
Tim

Andrei

Dec 18, 2012, 4:41:13 PM12/18/12
to nrep...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tim, it works now!

Andrei

Andrei

Feb 19, 2013, 12:00:23 AM2/19/13
to nrep...@googlegroups.com
Jumping to code works great for local code.
I wonder if it's possible to add support for nrepl-jump used for remote sessions (when tramp is used)?
Since most of the time I have to work remotely, that would really save the day.

Thank you,