Npgsql "ERROR: : authentication error: Database 'template1' not found"

vimal...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2015, 4:25:57 AM4/22/15
to npgsq...@googlegroups.com
Please can someone help me resolve this error.

{"ERROR: : authentication error: Database 'template1' not found"}

I am using Npgsql for EntityFrameWork Version 2.2.5.

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.

Apr 22, 2015, 3:17:10 PM4/22/15
to vimal...@gmail.com, npgsql-help

This is related to a recent change we did to use template1 database creating a new database using entity framework.

Which server are you connecting to? In a common postgresql installation this database should exist. We used to use postgres database, but some servers, like amazon redshift didn't have this database and so we changed to use template1.