Online Community MeetUp Wed. 9/22 with speaker Randy Farmer

1 view
Message has been deleted

Layal / Ninlil

Sep 13, 2010, 7:04:12 PM9/13/10
to Nonprofit Commons Games
Hi everyone—

Hope you are doing well and that you enjoyed your weekend! We have an
in-person and in-world event coming up that I’m really excited about
and think may be of interest to many of you, as our speaker, Randy
Farmer, was the creator of the very first virtual world! Feel free to
spread the word to any interested colleagues!

Best,
Ninlil/Layal

*************************

For our September MeetUp, we are thrilled to have longtime online
community expert, Randall Farmer, as our guest speaker. We'll also be
joined by Bill Johnston, Head of Global Community at Dell, who will be
facilitating the event.

Randy will be speaking about managing reputation systems in online
communities. His talk will lead into an informal discussion moderated
by Bill. Come join us for an evening of online community strategy and
in-person networking with fellow online community enthusiasts.

The fourth Wed. of the month is the free monthly gathering of online
community managers, enthusiasts, and innovators to meet and discuss
tools and strategies for building and managing effective communities.

Follow the action on Twitter: hashtag: #octribe .

Participate virtually in the Nonprofit Commons in Second Life (slurl
to location in Second Life): http://bit.ly/npceven... You can see a
step-by-step guide for how to participate in Second Life.

Join the San Francisco Online Community Report MeetUp group on
Facebook

Speaker Bio: Randy Farmer consults on social media strategies and web
reputation with online powerhouses from Answers.com to Zynga. He is
co-
author of Building Web Reputation Systems. See his RSS feed and
LinkedIn profile for more information.

Facilitator Bio: Bill Johnston is the Head of Global Community at
Dell. He's a seasoned online community and social media executive with
over 10 years experience working with large scale communities.

Beverage Sponsor: Drinks generously donated by Hansen's Natural SF.

Spread the word with a tweet: Join in the Online Community MeetUp 9/22
w/ @frandallfarmer & @billjohnston http://ow.ly/2AOHy #octribe

Layal Rabat
Nonprofit Commons in Second Life Volunteer Manager
aka Ninlil Xeltentat (avatar name in SL)
skype: layalzebub
twitter: @layalzebub
email: la...@techsoup.org
www.nonprofitcommons.org