The Future of Play panel - Dec 7

Josephine Dorado

Nov 30, 2010, 10:43:48 AM11/30/10
to npcg...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all!
I'm happy to announce a joint event between Science Writers in New York (SWINY) and the NYC Games for Change meetup group. We'll be holding a panel on the Future of Play, exploring the integrated processes of games, learning and play. Our confirmed panelists include Asi Burak, Co-President of Games for Change, Colleen Macklin, Director of PETLab , Melanie Stegman, Director of Immune Attack and Chris Burke, creator of This Spartan Life

When: Tues, Dec 7, 6:30-8:30pm
Where: 4 West 43rd Street (just west of 5th Ave) - in the ballroom

More info and panelist bios on our Meetup Everywhere page at http://bit.ly/nycg4c1
Please RSVP by clicking "I'm interested." We hope you'll be able to join us!

cheers,
~Josephine
@funksoup

Evonne Heyning

Nov 30, 2010, 11:03:42 AM11/30/10
to npcg...@googlegroups.com
This is very exciting!  Let us know if you're streaming so we can hop in remotely.  Colleen Macklin is AWESOME.

For professional development I'm reading Brenda Brathwaite's blog this week:
Along with Inside Social Games:  http://insidesocialgames.com

What are you reading, working on or developing??

I'm working on a top secret project this winter with a nonprofit focused on permaculture and organic gardening education, partners in these fields can contact me offlist. Can't wait to show you more in 2011!
____________________________________

~Evonne Heyning~ @amoration
Interactive Producer, Social Games

Josephine Dorado

Nov 30, 2010, 11:13:58 AM11/30/10
to npcg...@googlegroups.com
We're working out the details of possible streaming/videography now. Will let you know when we do!
cheers,
~Josephine
@funksoup

Rhiannon Chatnoir

Nov 30, 2010, 2:45:36 PM11/30/10
to npcg...@googlegroups.com
Josephine,

Sounds like it should be a great panel!

Let me know if you need help streaming this. I can come down with my gear, we would just need an internet hardline and decent bandwidth.

Til then,
Joyce Bettencourt
--

cell: 508.415.5210
skype|aim|ichat: JoyceBettencourt

aka Rhiannon Chatnoir inSL
www.twitter.com/RhiannonSL

Creative Director of The Vesuvius Group
www.thevesuviusgroup.com

artist, designer, poet, blogmistress & new media girly geek
www.joycebettencourt.com

Josephine Dorado

Dec 5, 2010, 6:04:40 PM12/5/10
to npcg...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all!
We will indeed be streaming the Future of Play panel (thanks to Joyce/@RhiannonSL for lending a hand!)
You'll be able to watch the event live or later at http://www.livestream.com/nycg4c

Here again are the deets:

The Future of Play: exploring the integrated processes of games, learning and play. It's a joint event between the NYC Games for Change meetup group and the Science Writers in New York (SWINY). Our confirmed panelists include Asi Burak, Co-President of Games for Change, Colleen Macklin, Director of PETLab , Melanie Stegman, Director of Immune Attack and Chris Burke, creator of This Spartan Life. Here are the details:

When: Tues, Dec 7, 6:30-8:30pm EST
Where: 4 West 43rd Street (just west of 5th Ave) - in the ballroom
More info and panelist bios on our Meetup Everywhere page at http://bit.ly/nycg4c1
Please RSVP by clicking "I'm interested."
We will also be setting up a livestream, so if you can't make it there, you can also watch it live or later at http://www.livestream.com/nycg4c

We hope you'll be able to join us (either live or in the ether)!

cheers,
~Josephine