TechSoup's Digital Storytelling Challenge welcomes machinima, videos & photos for nonprofits

Evonne Heyning

Jan 10, 2011, 8:28:32 PM1/10/11
to npcg...@googlegroups.com, tsd...@techsoupglobal.org

Happy New Year Nonprofit Gamers! We are about to launch the TechSoup Digital Storytelling event and challenge (TSDIGS). There’s also a tweet chat about Digital Storytelling and our challenge, tomorrow, 11am PT, on Twitterhttp://tweetchat.com/room/tsdigs if you tweet and want to join in or spread the word about it.

I have copied in our Digital Storytelling team on this email, so feel free to send questions to our alias at tsd...@techsoupglobal.org.  There's a few tweets and info details below that you are welcome to share on your personal blogs or with any organizations you assist - all nonprofits are welcome to enter the challenge by uploading a story.  Read more below!

~evonne

-----------------------------------

TechSoup has helped you with software, online training, and your nonprofit technology needs.  Now it's time for us to help you tell your story!

This January, join Flip Video, Flickr, Adobe, and our partners (and hundreds of nonprofits) for a chance to learn, share, and compete in our 2nd Annual Digital Storytelling Challenge!

Whether you're a first time storyteller, or digital media veteran, we will host the webinars, forums, and resources to get you going, and support along the way.  You'll be in the running for some great prizes, but it's also a great opportunity for your organization to learn and create a digital story you can continue to use.  Here's the overview:

What

Create 60 second YouTube Video or 5-panel image story on Flickr, telling us about your organization

Training and Resources provided by TechSoup and our partners

Prizes for top 3 submissions from Flip Video, Flickr, Adobe, and more http://tiny.cc/tsdigs

When

January 13 - 31, 2010 - Submissions Open and 1st Webinar. More details, and to RSVP here http://bit.ly/tsdigs11

January 13, 2010 - First Webinar, How to Tell Your Digital Story, http://bit.ly/tsdigshowto

January 20, 2010 - Second Webinar, Tools for Digital Storytelling, http://bit.ly/tsdigstools

February 23, 2010 - Screenings, Awards, and Mixed Reality Event

Who

Any Nonprofit or Social Benefit Organization

Any/All experience levels welcome

Cost

Free!

Visit the Digital Storytelling Challenge page for more details, instructions/guidelines, see the expert judges, and other ways you can participate!

 **Reminder: Deadline for submissions JANUARY 31, 2011! http://tiny.cc/tsdigs for more details.**

Follow along, RSVP, and join the community online:

Twitter: #TSDigs

Facebook: http://bit.ly/tsdigsfb

LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/tsdigslinkedin

Google Group:  http://bit.ly/tsdigssubscribe

If you would like to get in touch directly feel free to reach out to the TechSoup Team: tsd...@techsoupglobal.org. We're here to help!

Tweets:

·        How can your org use video? Learn @TechSoup's Digital Storytelling Event w/prizes & free webinars. http://is.gd/k2eFR #tsdigs

·        The Digital Storytelling Event and Challenge kicks off Jan.13! Learn, create, and win prizes! More: http://tiny.cc/tsdigs #tsdigs #nptech

Here’s a video about TSDIGS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccCwQeAo4l4

Machinima, animation and game videos are welcome and we encourage all sorts of digital storytellers to enter with their favorite nonprofits.  Email if you have any questions!

~Evonne Heyning~ @amoration
Interactive Producer, Social Games