Can I get the resolution or the view ratio of the vnc ?

kun chen

Apr 10, 2024, 10:35:59 AMApr 10
to noVNC
I need fit my noVnc view in web with vnc host view ratio,  some one will start vnc with 16:9 and someone will use 16:10, even 4:3.
How can I get the resolution or the view ratio of the vnc host ?

Samuel Mannehed

Apr 18, 2024, 10:36:51 AMApr 18
to noVNC
First off, noVNC does not provide an easy way to see this.

Since there are multiple sizes at play here, the answer is not as obvious as you might think. noVNC allows for both resizing of the remote session and client-side scaling, in these cases you need to take the UI of the browser itself into account. Some VNC servers do not support remote session resizing. What settings and which VNC server are you using? Perhaps you can check this on the server side somehow.