noVNC Screen Size configuration

Steve Cohen

May 12, 2024, 9:27:21 PMMay 12
to noVNC
I have used noVNC in three different instances.  I did not set it up myself, but it came packaged into larger packages.  On two of the three instances, accessing the noVNC through a browser, it was able to use the full size of the screen, as long as I kept the browser in full screen mode.  In the third, it is restricted to a much smaller size.  There is supposedly a GUI interface that lets you adjust this, but it doesn't work.  Is there some config file that can be added or edited that would disable the truncation to this smaller size?

Pierre Ossman

May 16, 2024, 11:12:02 AMMay 16
to no...@googlegroups.com, Steve Cohen
noVNC does not have a configuration file, no.

It's difficult to say what goes wrong given so little detail of your
setup. Can you give some more details? What is the larger package?

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman Software Development
Cendio AB https://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Steve Cohen

May 16, 2024, 7:23:47 PMMay 16
to Pierre Ossman, no...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply. Here is more information.

There were three setups, all for the purposes of astronomy.
The first was on a platform called Astroberry, an adaptation of Linux (sorry, don't remember which distro it was based on but it was ARM) running on a Raspberry Pi4.
The second was on a platform called AstroArch, an adaptation of ArchLinux, for ARM platform, running on both a Raspberry Pi4 and Pi5.
In both of these, there was no screen size issue.
The third was on a hardware device called Stellarmate Pro, which is somehow based on Raspberry Pi inside, running a version of Linux called Stellarmate OS. Stellarmate OS is also available for sale to users who already own a Raspberry Pi, but I bought the device because of better hardware reliability.  However, it does exhibit the screen size problem.