"your password has expired" popup

DrumDude

Oct 14, 2008, 4:51:22 PM10/14/08
I do not have any SR left with Novell.

How can I obtain the fix in VO as mentioned?

"your password has expired" popup after user changes admin set password
in Virtual Office

http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=3456911&sliceId=1
"your password has expired" popup after user changes admin set password
in Virtual Office

This document (3456911) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end
of this document.
Environment
Novell Virtual Office
Situation
After the user first logs in (or after admin resets the password) and is
prompted to change their password. After the password is changed
succesfully a further popup box appears "Your Password is expired". The
user can cancel this box and continue. This behavior does not occur
outside of Virtual Office.
Resolution
Submitted to development.
Fix is available by request.
Status
Reported to Engineering
Additional Information
Formerly known as doc # 135

To Reproduce:

NetWare 6.5 Support Pack 5

Add a UP policy to a container, set policy to expire password after 30
days and give 6 grace logins.

Add forgotten password option and use the sample challenge set.

Create a new user in this container. No Other container or user password
restrictions other than the defaults should be set. Login to VO as the
user - get prompted to change the password.

After Changing Password, the POP UP will appear saying password has expired.

If you disable the grace logins from the UP Policy this works fine.
Document
Document ID: 3456911
Creation Date: 03-27-2007
Modified Date: 06-24-2008
Novell Product: Open Enterprise Server

Marcel Cox

Oct 15, 2008, 8:34:56 AM10/15/08
DrumDude wrote:

>How can I obtain the fix in VO as mentioned?

I will see what I can do.

--
Marcel Cox
http://support.novell.com/forums

DrumDude

Oct 15, 2008, 11:36:46 AM10/15/08
Marcel Cox wrote:
> DrumDude wrote:
>
>> How can I obtain the fix in VO as mentioned?
>
> I will see what I can do.

Thanks as the Help Desk Team are all about to murder me. ;)
Jeff

DrumDude

Oct 15, 2008, 4:46:58 PM10/15/08
Any Luck in getting the patch?
Thanks
Jeff

Marcel Cox

Oct 15, 2008, 5:22:06 PM10/15/08
DrumDude wrote:

>Any Luck in getting the patch?

Alas, our official Novell contacts are on vacation. I received an
unofficial answer that you should try to open an incident and try to
reclaim your money afterwards.