Re: A simple question

1 view

Simon Flood

Dec 10, 2009, 10:49:22 AM12/10/09
On 10/12/2009 14:36, nlewis wrote:

> I may be stupid, please don't confirm that i am stupid, but will
> Netstorage prompt for challenge response if they have not been answered
> and the policy is set to ask.

Firstly you're not stupid! ;-)

> At present when a user logs into a local workstation they do get
> prompted to answer their challegne questions, but when logging in
> NetStorage this does not happen... I thought it used to do this.

NetStorage will not do challenge/response - it just handles asking for
username and password which it checks via LDAP. If account is disabled
then it loops and asks again. There is no indication of there being a
problem (other than you don't get logged in).

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partners (TTP) group. See www.novell.com/ttp for more details.