VO still being supported ?

k-i-r

Apr 21, 2009, 7:48:17 AM4/21/09
Is VO still being supported ?
After installing NW65SP8 VO doesn't run anymore.

Do any NW65SP8-VO installations run successfully ?

Cheers, k.

k-i-r

Apr 22, 2009, 11:47:27 AM4/22/09
Well I'm not sure what you mean.
I have NW65SP8 with ZFD 7.01. No ZFD services are running on the Server.
Clients with and without installed ZFD-Agents show the VO problem. With
NW65SP7 VO worked well.
Did you uninstall ZFD from the server (I don't know how to uninstall it and
it wouldn't be an option because we need ZFD) to get VO running again ?

>>> drb638<drb...@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 21.04.2009 15:06 >>>

I had the same experience after applying sp8. The Virtual Office
interface did not work, although the individual components (eGuide,
NetStorage, GroupWise web access, etc.) did. It turned out the the
issue was caused for us by ZENworks for desktops. Uninstall ZFD (not
just stop the service) and Virtual Office works fine.

From the Installation instructions for ZENworks for Desktops 4.0.1:

3.3 Updating ZENworks Workstations
If you install the Virtual Office feature available in NetWare 6.5, it
will not work on Windows workstation where NetIdentity files have been
installed from the Novell Client CD or by the ZENworks Desktop
Management Agent.

--
drb638
drb638's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=438