Unable to mdadm --assemble. HELP

jg

Dec 2, 2007, 2:00:56 AM12/2/07

I have a 6 HD RAID 5 system. Recently one of my drives failed (hdm).
However, when I went to replace it, I accidentally removed a good
drive instead (hdl.) I learned of my mistake after a rebooted the
system. So I then removed the bad drive (hdm) and replaced the good
drive (hdl.)

However, when I boot now, the OS does not completely finish booting.
I am presented with a "maintenance mode" login. After I log in, most
of my daemons and my NIC have not come on line, so I am unable to do
much.

When I attempt to assemble my RAID this is what I get...

http://www.acequality.net/temp/mdadm4.jpg

I've tried looking at each individual drive with "mdadm --examine /dev/
hd*" but only the removed/reinstalled drive (hdl) has any info. My
other drives don't return anything.

Can anybody shed some light? I'm at a loss and I have close to 1TB of
data in limbo.

jg

Marcel Cox

Dec 2, 2007, 5:16:49 PM12/2/07
jg,

You posted to a dead newsgroup which is no longer part of the official
Novell support hierarchy.
I suggest you visit http://support.novell.com/forums and post to one
of the official Novell support forums.

Marcel

Jack Kay

Jan 20, 2008, 10:49:10 AM1/20/08
jg wrote:

had a similar situation, dismount data mounts and repair os