Changed IP address, now NetStorage doesn't work

Jon Plazant

Feb 1, 2004, 2:36:46 AM2/1/04
With the help of this forum, I have nearly completed a successful IP
change for our Netware 6 SP3 server.

iFolder, Groupwise, and Groupwise Webaccess all work properly.

However, NetStorage doesn't work.

In fact, it seems that the server abends when you try to authenticate.

Here's what I've done and what I know:

1. The server was sending NCP (TCP 524) and LDAP (TCP 389) requests to
the old IP address when I tried to authenticate to use NetStorage.

2. I assumed that this was related to the following:

NetStorage - Verify that old and new IP address are listed, with
"CDBE Edit on" at the server console at the following location:
\my server\software\novell\xtier\configuration\xsrv\authentication
domains\
To remove the wrong IP address type: rd 192.xx.xx.xx
Reboot the server or CDBE Flush

This is from What do I need to modify when I change IP address on NetWare
6? (http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10067853.htm)

3. I followed the directions and then reset the server.

4. It still didn't work, so I attempted to manually enter the new address
where the old address was using CDBE

5. Now the entry looks different and NetStorage still isn't working.

So I need help getting NetStorage up and running

- Was I on the right track with CDBE?
- I need to know how to properly enter the IP address at the
location "\my server\software\novell\xtier\configuration\xsrv
\authentication domains\"
- anything else I might be missing?

Thanks.

Jon

Marcel Cox

Feb 4, 2004, 1:27:43 PM2/4/04
Jon,

Your message was not posted to the official Novell news
server. While your news server might show the Novell support
newsgroups, Novell has no official connection with other news
servers, and the message you posted will probably never
propagate to the official Novell server. The SysOps only see
messages on the Novell server and for that reason,
you will probably never get a reply to your
message posted here.

I suggest you post your message directly to the official
novell news server named support-forums.novell.com. The
Novell news server is freely accessible both through HTTP
and NNTP. See http://support.novell.com/forums for details.

This message was posted automatically. Please do not reply
to it.

Marcel Cox
Novell Support Forums SysOp