Drive Mapping to Wrong Server

Insimbi

Feb 2, 2004, 5:03:12 PM2/2/04
We have one users that keeps getting mapped to the wrong server. We have
all our users getting mapped via the login script so that their F-drive is
mapped to SERVER1. This users keeps getting mapped to SERVER2 everyday when
he turns on his laptop. I have specified SERVER1 as the Preferred Server is
his Novell Client Properties, yet it still maps his F-drive to SERVER2.
What gives?

Andrew C Taubman

Feb 2, 2004, 6:34:56 PM2/2/04
Does the map command actually use the server name, or just a generic volume
name (eg : map f=sys:). If the latter then what happened is quite normal,
he'll get a mapping to whaever server responds first. If you want to force
it to a given server then mention that server in the map command.
--
Andrew C Taubman
Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.

Insimbi

Feb 2, 2004, 6:37:35 PM2/2/04
Thanks, I checked and indeed I had only specified a generic volume of DATA.
I can't believe I had it setup that way. Thanks for your help. ;-)

"Andrew C Taubman" <ataubman.Remov...@novell.AndThis.com> wrote
in message news:A8BTb.5771$Wh....@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...