Imanager again..

Leif Sjolund

Jan 30, 2004, 11:10:44 AM1/30/04
Imanager again.. What is your problem..on Novell..If I hade as many
fail-reports as you guys have on imanager,…You put man-years to make
6.5 and what do you do..You decide that we all, have to use imanager
as the only tool to have it running and to get imanager to work you
have to really be a rocketscientist..
Who and why didn't like us to have a snapin to anything ( consoleOne
NwAdmin ).
Now to my problem: Netware 6.5 sp1a,( dell 1750 2,4 Mhz) two nets:one
172 .0.0.0 and one nat (10. 0.0.0 ) Works from inside and outside(
everything pointing at dns. NetStorage ( works with unattend..login
and ssl-128 bits ) eGuide ( works with unattend..login and ssl-128
bits) ldap works with both. Webmanager also works (8009 – 2200 )
eGuide admin works, Nsadmin for netstorage works. Java –show works ,
imanager is in conf-file but…BUT start imanager ( from webadmin or
nps/iManager.html ( any port ) gives a blank page. Have tried to
uninstall and reinstall imanager ( I know that I have to use cn= and
so on, otherwise it will fail. The logfile says its installed, nps/
configure gives 404. So what is this? I hade 6.5 with sp1a and
netstorage, iguide up and running I half a day and spent 2 weeks
struggling with imanager. Time is running out and It is time to call
back the scientist who decided that we needed imanager. I don't have
the time to become a rocketscientist and my boss wont pay it :-( I
promise I will newer ever again complain on ConsoleOne

Massimo Rosen

Jan 30, 2004, 11:26:50 AM1/30/04

Leif Sjolund wrote:
> Now to my problem: Netware 6.5 sp1a,( dell 1750 2,4 Mhz) two nets:one
> 172 .0.0.0 and one nat (10. 0.0.0 ) Works from inside and outside(
> everything pointing at dns. NetStorage ( works with unattend..login
> and ssl-128 bits ) eGuide ( works with unattend..login and ssl-128
> bits) ldap works with both. Webmanager also works (8009 – 2200 )
> eGuide admin works, Nsadmin for netstorage works. Java –show works ,
> imanager is in conf-file but…BUT start imanager ( from webadmin or
> nps/iManager.html ( any port ) gives a blank page.

Just for grins, what happens when you start it from within remote
manager? I've found this to be more reliable than using the direct URL.

..

> promise I will newer ever again complain on ConsoleOne

I feel your pain...

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop

Leif Sjolund

Jan 31, 2004, 2:49:23 AM1/31/04
Absolutely nothing. I get a white page, Logs say that it was a wrong
login but I haven't bin able to login ( I don´t get the login page ).
Why do I have to have this problem? I don't need imanager, I need a
tool to work with. I need a snapin. My one guess is that imanager
don't like my Ldap (despite all other programs do), or it don't like
my root ca despite all other programs do.

Massimo Rosen

Feb 2, 2004, 6:34:08 AM2/2/04
HI,

Leif Sjolund wrote:

> Absolutely nothing. I get a white page, Logs say that it was a wrong
> login but I haven't bin able to login ( I don´t get the login page ).

That's normal. When you start iManager from within Remote Manager, it
will pass on the credentials you used for Remote Manager automatically
to Imanager, so you don't need to login again. Where does it show the
failed login exactly? Also, what syntax did you use to login to Remote
Manager?

> Why do I have to have this problem? I don't need imanager, I need a
> tool to work with. I need a snapin. My one guess is that imanager
> don't like my Ldap (despite all other programs do), or it don't like
> my root ca despite all other programs do.

I'll pass that on.