Netshield

Stuart Robinson

Jul 24, 2002, 7:12:53 PM7/24/02
Anyone had a problem with Netshield recently ?

A NW5.1 + sp2a server that had its last abend a year ago crashed this
morning in the Netshield NLM, and again an hour later.

The Virus scanner is unloaded for the moment, just wondering if anything
in the latest virus updates might be causing the problem.

Stuart.

Kai Reichert

Jul 25, 2002, 4:27:47 PM7/25/02
Stuart,
you might think about updating to SP4. I'm not aware of any issues with
the current SP's.
Since SP2 a whole lot of things have changed and improved and even if we
find soemthing with your current setup neither NAI or Novell support it
when not being at the current SP level.

--
Regards, Kai Reichert
Novell Support Connection SysOp

NetWare! Life is too short for reboots.

Stuart Robinson

Jul 25, 2002, 4:59:17 PM7/25/02
It is odd though that the server runs for a year and then Abends twice in
a couple of hours.

When this sort of thing happens the question I always ask myself is 'what
has changed ?'

Stuart.

Kai Reichert

Jul 25, 2002, 5:24:33 PM7/25/02
Stuart,
i agree with you. And even more strange if the cause is something that
should have been there from the beginning but never showed up. You might
post teh abend.log if we find anything.
Also make sure that your signature files are not corrupted. Download
them manually from NAI and reapply them.

Stuart Robinson

Jul 26, 2002, 2:55:37 AM7/26/02
> Also make sure that your signature files are not corrupted. Download
> them manually from NAI and reapply them.

Might try that.

I have 4 other Servers at the same service pack of Netware and Netshield,
no problems with them.

Stuart.