Invalid Drive Specification

s...@juice4u.com

Jan 28, 2004, 1:21:33 PM1/28/04
We occasionally use boot floppy disks with a Novell DOS client to access
NW6.0 servers. It always works fine on two of the servers. The third
server was just recently upgraded to NW6.0 from NW4.11. At the end of
STARTNET.BAT we get the usual message "Connected to XXXXX", but when the
script inserts the F: prompt, it returns an "Invalid Drive
Specification". The same disk and PC connects just fine to the other two
NW6.0 servers. We're using TCPIP.

s...@juice4u.com

Jan 28, 2004, 3:20:24 PM1/28/04
Finally found the answer in another thread. Needed to grant "PUBLIC"
both READ and FILE SCAN rights to F:\LOGIN

Chris Denby

Jan 28, 2004, 4:55:40 PM1/28/04
Watch for number of local drives. If the machine has too many drives, then
FIRSTDRIVE=F fails. You could change this to FIRSTDRIVE=X and then use X as
your login location.
<s...@juice4u.com> wrote in message