IP Boot Disk with PC Card

瀏覽次數:3 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

tak...@lirr.org

未讀,
2003年10月10日 下午5:29:002003/10/10
收件者:
I've been struggling to create an IP boot disk for a Dell Latitude C600
which uses a 3COM PC Card (pcmcia) NIC model 3ccf3575CT; I've tried what
seems like every available boot disk on the web, including the veder.com
site mentioned in cool solutions, but cannot get the PC Card to connect or
be recognized; Did not have this problem when IPX was on the wire,
however, in Pure IP environment cannot get to work; tried using the
ENABLE.EXE from 3COM also but it can't see the card; Has anyone got this
scenario to work? If so, is there a ready to use/download disk which you
can recommend?

Marcel Cox

未讀,
2003年10月11日 凌晨4:29:032003/10/11
收件者:
Could you post your configuration files for your IPX and IP version of the
boot disk?
--
Marcel Cox
Using VA 5.51 build 315

tak...@lirr.org

未讀,
2003年10月14日 上午11:05:462003/10/14
收件者:
Following is the Autoexec.Bat, Net.CFG, and Config.Sys; Note that
this is using ODI-16 drivers since I couldn't find ODI-32 (*.LAN) drivers
for this card; at the risk of leading you down the wrong track, I think
the PC Card slot not being recognized or "activated" by the DOS bootup is
at the root of the problem...thanks in advance

AUTOEXEC.BAT
a:\smartdrv.exe 2048 128
PROMPT $p$g
SET TEMP=c:\TEMP
PATH A:\;c:\
a:\pkunzip a:\client32.zip c:\
copy a:\net.cfg c:\
SET NWLANGUAGE=ENGLISH
C:
ENABLE
NIOS.EXE
LOAD NBIC32.NLM
LSL.COM
N16ODI.COM
NESL.COM
ELPC575.COM
LOAD LSLC32.NLM
LOAD PC32MLID.COM
LOAD TCPIP.NLM
LOAD CMSM.NLM
LOAD ETHERTSM.NLM
LOAD TRANNTA.NLM
LOAD SRVLOC.NLM
LOAD CLIENT32.NLM

NET.CFG
Netware DOS Requester
FIRST NETWORK DRIVE M
NETWARE PROTOCOL NDS
MAX CACHE SIZE 5000
TRUE COMMIT ON
AUTO RETRY 10
BIND RECONNECT ON
FORCE FIRST NETWORK DRIVE ON
LOCAL PRINTERS 1
SHOW DOTS ON
USE DEFAULTS ON
LOCK DELAY 1
LOCK RETRIES 1
VLM AUTO.VLM
SHORT MACHINE TYPE IBM
MESSAGE TIMEOUT 1
PREFERRED SERVER LIRR-502
LINK DRIVER 3c575
FRAME ETHERNET_II
PROTOCOL IP 800 ETHERNET_II
Protocol TCPIP
IF_CONFIGURATION DHCP
; IF_CONFIGURATION BOOTP
; IF_CONFIGURATION STATIC
; IP_ADDRESS 172.16.40.200
; IP_ROUTER 172.16.0.1
; IP_NETMASK 255.255.0.0
PATH TCP_CFG C:\
NETX
File Handles 128
Entry Stack Size 40
NIOS
Alert Beep OFF
LINK SUPPORT
Buffers 8 1500
Mempool 4096
Max Stacks 8
;tk specs added below
SRVLOC
Directory Agent 172.17.22.10
Scope lirr_global

CONFIG.SYS
DEVICE=a:\HIMEM.SYS /testmem:off
DEVICE=A:\EMM386.EXE RAM NOEMS /Y=A:\EMM386.EXE
DOS=HIGH,UMB
SHELL=COMMAND.COM /P /E:2048
FILES=80
BUFFERS=45
LASTDRIVE=Z
DEVICE=A:\RAMDRIVE.SYS 2048 /E
DEVICE = oakcdrom.sys /D:cd1

Marcel Cox

未讀,
2003年10月14日 上午11:25:172003/10/14
收件者:
Did the same configuration work with IPX? E.g. Client32 with IPX?
Or did you use a VLM client for IPX.

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.15.7.4)

tak...@lirr.org

未讀,
2003年10月14日 中午12:19:402003/10/14
收件者:
If I remember correctly it was VLMs; IPX support was removed from network
about a year ago and I don't have those disks anymore...

Marcel Cox

未讀,
2003年10月14日 中午12:25:542003/10/14
收件者:
Well, I don't know the card you are using, and as such, it is difficult
to tell what "magic" may be needed to make the driver work.
However 2 things:

1) I don't know which client32 files you are using, but make sure it's
not the original files from the 2.71 client, but the updated files from
here:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2963117.htm

2) Maybe you should remove the "PROTOCOL IP 800 ETHERNET_II" from your
NET.CFG
While in itself, the line is correct, I don't know if it behaves
normally in the 16/32 bit mixed environment.

tak...@lirr.org

未讀,
2003年10月14日 下午1:22:472003/10/14
收件者:
Thanks for suggestions; I'll try and reply back; in meantime, have you
heard of any issues with PC Cards not functioning in DOS environment due
to the PC Card slot not being activated/enabled first? Does the LAN
driver for the PC Card usually handle this or is a 3rd party "socket
services" program take care of this?

Marcel Cox

未讀,
2003年10月14日 下午2:59:482003/10/14
收件者:
tak...@lirr.org wrote:

> have you
> heard of any issues with PC Cards not functioning in DOS environment
> due to the PC Card slot not being activated/enabled first? Does the
> LAN driver for the PC Card usually handle this or is a 3rd party
> "socket services" program take care of this?

I think it depends a lot on the type of card. Often, you have special
options for the 16 bit ODI driver in case you don't have socket
services.

Peter van der Woude

未讀,
2003年10月14日 下午3:29:042003/10/14
收件者:
Hi,

Looking at an old bootflop I see that we used a file 3CELCM.EXE to
initialize a 3c56x card before using 3CELPC.COM.
I also remember having to go into BIOS and change some PC card setting from
32-bit to 16-bit before booting in DOS worked. Memory fails here, so you
should also try setting PnP OS to no or playing with the PCI/ISA settings.
Take a look at this
http://support.3com.com/infodeli/inotes/techtran/e456_5ea.htm

Good luck.

Peter