Login fails in DOS, works in Windows

alekz

Jan 22, 2004, 5:56:41 PM1/22/04

I can login into the NetWare from Windows and I could also do it from DOS
but today it suddenly stopped working.
I get the following error from LOGIN.EXE when I type my username:

LOGIN-4.13 (960913) PTF-283: This utility could not get the preferred
Directory Services name or connection ID.

What's happening?? :-(

geoffs....@otcnetworks.invalid.com

Jan 22, 2004, 6:32:37 PM1/22/04
Either the user name is incorrect, or is not found in the current DS
context. You can either login using the fully qualified DS name
(i.e. .user.context) or you can set "Name Context = usercontext" in
the "NetWare DOS Requester" section of the NET.CFG file.

Barry St.John

Jan 23, 2004, 3:14:28 PM1/23/04
Like Geoff says, except the syntax is: NAME CONTEXT = "user_context"
The context name must be in quotes.

Example:

NET.CFG
-------