VLM Client support NW6.5

ayhan genc

Oct 20, 2003, 3:58:15 AM10/20/03

I'm planning to upgrade a server to NW6.5 from NW4.11 and I wonder if I can
connect my DOS VLM clients without any major problem?

Thanks for your help.

ayhan...@ejder.ca

Barry St.John

Oct 20, 2003, 5:25:00 PM10/20/03
Yes, VLM will work provided you configure your NW6.5 server with IPX.
Unlike NW4x, IPX will not be there by default. Also, be aware that you
will not be able to run any of the management utilities from a VLM
workstation. You will have to have a Windows workstation with Client32
install because most of the utilities now run in a browser and require
TCP/IP.
--

-Barry. [Novell Support Forum SysOp]