Cannot execute files on one server

Petri Asikainen

Nov 5, 2003, 6:02:44 AM11/5/03
I have strange problem, when I boot from by dos bootdisk. DOS client can
read files from all servers. ("z:\type filename.bat" works)
But when trying to execute any file on _one_ server (z:\filename.bat or
f:\login\map.exe etc... ) client freezes and time outs.

Windows NT and 2000 clients can read and execute files from that server.
And all other seervers are working fine. All servers are at same patch
level.

Any suggestions?

Petri

Marcel Cox

Nov 5, 2003, 4:01:03 PM11/5/03
Petri,

Could you tell me what client type and version you are using under DOS?
Also, what NetWare version is your server running?
--
Marcel Cox
Using VA 5.51 build 315

Petri Asikainen

Nov 6, 2003, 2:33:54 AM11/6/03
Netware 5.1 sp6 with latest tcpip/filesystem patch.
I dont remember client version and cannot check it right now.
I used latest "server ipconnectivity kit" from novell to create disk.
Client is created with following files:

Directory of D:client32

06.11.2003 09:06 <DIR> .
06.11.2003 09:06 <DIR> ..
02.08.2002 16:00 34 321 3C90X.LAN
02.08.2002 16:00 70 752 CE100B.LAN
02.08.2002 16:00 280 786 CLIENT32.NLM
02.08.2002 16:00 35 713 CMSM.NLM
02.08.2002 16:00 9 971 ETHERTSM.NLM
02.08.2002 16:00 18 356 LSL.COM
02.08.2002 16:00 9 730 LSLC32.NLM
02.08.2002 16:00 29 450 NBIC32.NLM
06.11.2003 08:53 679 NET.CFG
02.08.2002 16:00 7 680 NIOS.DRV
02.08.2002 16:00 241 267 NIOS.EXE
02.08.2002 16:00 44 RESOLV.CFG
02.08.2002 16:00 40 950 SRVLOC.NLM
25.07.2003 11:40 470 STARTNET.BAT
02.08.2002 16:00 114 390 TCPIP.NLM
02.08.2002 16:00 21 405 TRANNTA.NLM

hmm.. file dates are propably mixed somehow, but hopefully size
information helps.

disk worked before, just couple of months ago with all servers.

Marcel Cox

Nov 6, 2003, 3:21:43 PM11/6/03
Well, I can't really see what the problem might be in that case.
Maybe you would have to take a packet trace between the workstation and
the server to see what really went wrong.

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.15.7.4)

Petri Asikainen

Nov 9, 2003, 11:15:25 AM11/9/03