VLM modules

Steve Lenaghan

Oct 26, 2003, 11:32:49 AM10/26/03
A while ago I had a link to the VLM modules I needed, however, I lost them
and the link and a page I fould in an old search is mostly dead links.

I found a 6 disk VLM 1.21 set but it appears to be a complete installation
set and I just need a few modules.

It never fails that the backup drive, fails the day before the drive with
all the data goes up in smoke.

Thanks

Steve

---- quote ----

From the VLM client you will need:

LSL.COM
<mlid> <--- Your NIC driver, such as NE2000.COM
IPXODI.COM
VLM.EXE

Of the VLMs themselves, you only need the following:

BIND.VLM
CONN.VLM
FIO.VLM
GENERAL.VLM
IPXNCP.VLM
NETX.VLM
NWP.VLM
PRINT.VLM
REDIR.VLM
TRAN.VLM

Other VLMs you might or might not need:

AUTO.VLM <--- Needed for auto-reconnect
NDS.VLM <--- Needed for NDS
RSA.VLM <--- Needed for NDS
SECURITY.VLM <--- Needed for NDS -- I don't remember if needed for Bindery
NMR.VLM <--- Diagnostics responder -- probably don't need
PNW.VLM <--- Needed only for Personal NetWare

You don't need any VLMs starting with MIB or WS.

Follow same rule with .MSG files as for VLMs, i.e., you don't need
WS*.MSG, etc.

You only need language files specific to your language code page. 437*.*
should do in most cases.

-Barry. [Novell Support Connection SysOp]

---- end quote ----

Dave Lunn

Oct 26, 2003, 6:31:57 PM10/26/03
You have a complete set on the disks for the Novell DOS 7.
--
Dave Lunn
NSF SysOp

Steve Lenaghan

Oct 26, 2003, 9:56:42 PM10/26/03
I do too, duuuuhh. I usually keep copies of floppies on an archive and find
them that way, just forgot to copy DOS7 over. I'm going to see what's to
drink in the fridge.

Thanks

Steve L.

"Dave Lunn" <dlu...@SPAMmyrealbox.com> wrote in message