DOS equivalent of NPrinter

1 view

Joe G

Nov 6, 2003, 5:04:06 PM11/6/03
We have old redundant PC and 3 port parallel card.
We could make them into a 3 port print server.
In WIN9x, We would load NPrinter but Windows is less reliable than DOS for
boot up and general maintenance.
Is there a DOS equivalent of NPrinter so that we can just run a DOS client
on the PC instead of Windows.

Joe

Joe G

Nov 6, 2003, 5:21:06 PM11/6/03
Sorry. Stupid question.
NPrinter.exe is the command line version.
I got it confused with nptwin95

"Joe G" <!@!.!> wrote in message

Nw...@veder.com

Nov 11, 2003, 2:49:19 AM11/11/03

When you are running IPX on your network you indeed answered
your own question. Just load a NetWare DOS client and use
Novell's NPRINTER.EXE to set up your DOS print server.

When you are running IP then NPRINTER.EXE is out, but you can
use the free PPRD (IP LPD print server) for that.
I have made available a plug-n-play boot disk that will
detect your nic and automatically boot up PPRD.

It is featured on CoolSolutions (Nprinter replacement for Pure IP):
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/netware/features/
trenches/tr_nprinter_nw.html (wrap these two on one line)

Also explained on: http://www.veder.com/nwdsk/#faq39
(with a link to the SFX-image to create the boot disk)

HTH,

Erwin