Re: Windows 7 Pro and Novell Client 2 SP1

W_ Prindl

Jul 13, 2010, 1:38:18 PM7/13/10
Is ZCM agent 10.3 running on this box. If yes, then yo have the
problems many of us heve, that ZCM 10.3 and contextless login does not
really work.
--
W. Prindl

ehalverson wrote:

>Contextless login.
>
>Have opened ports 636 and 389 on the workstation.
>
>I can ping our LDAP server @ 10.2.1.13
>Our Tree is called Campus
>
>I check Enable Contextless Login
>I enter CAMPUS for the tree, and 10.2.1.13 for the server.
>
>After entering a username and then tabbing to the password field, I
>get ;
>
>LDAP CONTEXTLESS LOGIN: USER NOT FOUND AFTER SEARCHING TREES ON THE
>FOLLOWING LDAP SERVERS 10.2.1.13
>
>We have no problems with LDAP on anything else we use.
>
>I am so frustrated. I have tried the old Vista Novell Client, to no
>avail.
>
>Any help would be appreciated. I hope I have the right forum this
>time :)

W_ Prindl

Jul 14, 2010, 10:41:59 AM7/14/10
Unfortunately I don't know if this known to Novell. But IMO ZCM 10.3
has so many issues, that this is of minor importance for me as the
workaround (disabling contextless login) is quite easy - but maybe
inconvenient for some users.
--
W. Prindl