Re: time synchronization

Anders Gustafsson

Jul 14, 2010, 2:53:44 PM7/14/10
Jason,
> Hello. We now have 3 nw65 servers in ESXi. Time is not
> synchronized yet. They are within 10 minutes of each other.
>
> Our accounting application uses time stamps. Because people may
> login and logout, and the file server keeps adjusting its time, it
> is messing up my application.
>
> Question:
> 1) Can I set the file server that app is on so that it is the master
> time keep and wont be effected by the others?
> 2) How can I get all three to agree on the time quickly?

And now have you configured timesync? There are a few documents in the
VMWare knowledgebase that deals with timesync on NetWare.

- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

Jason

Jul 15, 2010, 11:13:45 AM7/15/10
That did it.

Thanks!

From: ataubman<atau...@no-mx.forums.novell.com>
To: novell.support.netware.6x.install-upgrade, novell.support.open-enterprise-server.netware.install-upgrade
Date: 07/14/2010 7:36 PM
Subject: Re: time synchronization
You must fix this immediately, 10 minutes is hopelessly out of sync.eDir requires time sync within 2 seconds.

Set one server to be a Single reference, and point it to a reliable NTPtime source (or to use its hardware clock, and have it sync that withESX). Set the other two to be Secondaries, and point them to theSingle's IP address.-- Andrew C Taubman
Novell Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.------------------------------------------------------------------------ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=415644

Jason