Time sync and removing a server

1 view

Jason

Jul 13, 2010, 7:47:02 AM7/13/10
Hello.  We have 4 Netware 6.5 servers.  I want to remove one.  This is what I had done thus far.
1) Demoted servers replica copy to Read/Write and promoted another server to hold the Master copy of the replica
2) Demoted server time setting to secondary and promoted another server to single

DSRepair shows everything is ok.

I had to change the time on the servers this AM and now Synthetic time is being used.

My question is, does Synthetic time effect the removal of eDirectory on a server when I run the nwconfig / remove eDirectory to take the server out?  Or is it ok to run that even though time is not fully syncronized?

Thanks!

Anders Gustafsson

Jul 13, 2010, 1:05:50 PM7/13/10
Jason,

By how much did you change time? The synthetic messages will disappear
after a while so if you want to play it safe, then wait for that.

- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

a...@novell.com

Jul 13, 2010, 11:37:30 AM7/13/10