Re: ABENDs: CRON scheduled toolbox.nlm file deletions. [file]

Massimo Rosen

Feb 22, 2010, 6:17:40 AM2/22/10
Rudi,

Rudolf Thilo wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On one of our NW6.5.8 servers we run every day at 19:00:00 (7 PM) a deletion job:

Known issue when authentication of toolbox fails. Redo the auth entries,
or even beter, use TBX instead of toolbox.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

Rudolf Thilo

Feb 22, 2010, 6:22:48 AM2/22/10
Hi.

>> On one of our NW6.5.8 servers we run every day at 19:00:00 (7 PM) a deletion
>>job:
>

>Known issue ...

and no fix, right? ;)

>when authentication of toolbox fails. Redo the auth entries,

If that's fact, shouldn't it happen each and every time the sched is runned? The job
is running every day...

>or even beter, use TBX instead of toolbox.

OK.

Regards, Rudi.

Rudolf Thilo

Feb 22, 2010, 6:49:38 AM2/22/10
Hi.

>>or even better, use TBX instead of toolbox.

How to delete all files *AND* subfolders within a certain folder with TBX?

"del /s /q" only deletes files, but no subfolders.

"? rmdir" doesn't display help, just asks "rmdir ?", so I choose "n"o, as "? is a
wildcard and I didn't want to risk deleting "?" anywhere in the FS.

Doku at
http://www.novell.com/documentation/nw65/os_svr_adm_nw/?page=/documentation/nw65/os_s
vr_adm_nw/data/bb8ue2k.html didn't help either.

Maybe NW - bash commands could do the trick? Howto?

Regards, Rudi.

Haitch

Feb 23, 2010, 9:28:23 AM2/23/10
Rudolf,

> Maybe NW - bash commands could do the trick? Howto?

Use Nuke: http://www.novell.com/communities/node/4726/nuke

H.