NW65SP8 Abends on dsrepair

Axel Schneck

Feb 6, 2010, 2:05:40 PM2/6/10
Whenever running a dsrepair on this server it will abend after locking
nds at "repairing objects in a replicy" Action [1 of 4]
I have to hard reboot the server to get it running back.

NW65 SP8
Server Version 5.70.08
Edir Version 8.7.3.10
NDS Version 10554.34

Axel

David Gersic

Feb 8, 2010, 7:29:22 PM2/8/10
On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 19:05:40 +0000, Axel Schneck wrote:

> Whenever running a dsrepair on this server it will abend after locking
> nds

What are you running dsrepair _for_? Is there a problem with this
server's DIB?

> Edir Version 8.7.3.10
> NDS Version 10554.34

Check for patches here, I'm pretty sure that there have been one or two
updates since 8.7.3.10. Might or might not help to be on the latest code.

David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Novell Knowledge Partner http://forums.novell.com

Please post questions in the newsgroups. No support provided via email.

Axel Schneck

Feb 11, 2010, 6:21:11 AM2/11/10
Axel Schneck schrieb:
Sorry for late feedback.
In the meentime we found and fixed it.
We are currently upgrading to newest edir (8.8SP5).
And as written in a correspondig TID my collegue distributed the
dsrepair from this version to all servers, including servers running
with older DS. After getting back dsrepair.nlm from original Netware
6.5SP8 it's running.
Axel

David Gersic

Feb 16, 2010, 1:18:09 AM2/16/10
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:21:11 +0000, Axel Schneck wrote:

> In the meentime we found and fixed it. We are currently upgrading to
> newest edir (8.8SP5). And as written in a correspondig TID my collegue
> distributed the dsrepair from this version to all servers, including
> servers running with older DS.

Ah, yeah, that could cause some problems. What TID did he find that
advice in? It sounds like it could use some clarification.

Thanks for the update.

Axel Schneck

Feb 22, 2010, 2:46:03 PM2/22/10
Am 16.02.2010 07:18, schrieb David Gersic:
> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:21:11 +0000, Axel Schneck wrote:
>
>> In the meentime we found and fixed it. We are currently upgrading to
>> newest edir (8.8SP5). And as written in a correspondig TID my collegue
>> distributed the dsrepair from this version to all servers, including
>> servers running with older DS.
>
> Ah, yeah, that could cause some problems. What TID did he find that
> advice in? It sounds like it could use some clarification.
>
> Thanks for the update.

It was in this TID
http://www.novell.com/documentation/edir88/edirin88/?page=/documentation/edir88/edirin88/data/ahna6wk.html

1.5 Updating the eDirectory Schema for Netware

But it seems that it already has been changed.
Axel